· “Affiliate” means any person, firm, corporation, partnership (including general partnerships, limited partnerships, and limited liability partnerships), limited liability company, or other entity that now or in the future directly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with BSRO.
· “Applicable Law” means any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, statutes, ordinances, regulations, rules, opinions, interpretive letters and other official releases of or by any government, or any authority, department or agency thereof which are now in effect or which may come in to effect.
· “Account” means your user account which you may register for through the Site in order to use the Service.
· “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
· “Service” means the Firestone Direct Site and services provided when signing up for an appointment through Firestone Direct either via an Account or as a guest, together with any other products or services which BSRO makes available to you through the Site.
· “Site” means BSRO’s website for the Firestone Direct Service located at www.firestonedirect.com.
· Personal Information we collect about you.
· How we collect Personal Information about you.
· Our use of your Personal Information.
· Our security procedures concerning your Personal Information.
· Our communications with you.
· Your obligation to provide accurate Personal Information and to correct
inaccuracies in the Personal Information you provide to us.
3. Information We Collect About You.
3.2 Information from Third-Party Sites. In order to display information to you or to facilitate your access and use of the Service, we may collect, on your behalf, other Personal Information from third party websites that you link to your Account via the Service.
3.3 Information Collected by Cookies. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are
stored by a user’s Internet browser on a user’s hard drive. The Sites stores personally identifiable information in the form of a cookie or similar file. The cookies allow us to recognize you when you return to our site and may also be matched and combined with personally identifiable information collected from other sources to provide you with a customized experience that we feel will be of value to you. Most web browsers allow you to exercise control over cookie files on your computer by erasing them, blocking them, or notifying you when such a file is stored. Please take a look at your particular browser for instructions on this function. If you do elect to disable the Site’s cookies, please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
This site also uses Adobe Analytics and Adobe Target to analyze user information and to deliver a better experience to you.
3.4 Technical and Navigational Information. We may collect your computer browser type, Internet Protocol address, pages visited, location preferences, identification numbers associated with your personal devices, date and time stamps of transactions, average time spent on our Site, and other interactions with the Services. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our web design and functionality.
4. Our Use of Your Personal Information.
We may use the Personal Information you provide to us as necessary (i) to provide the Service to you, (ii) to respond to your inquiries about the Service or provide you with updates regarding the Service, and (iii) to offer or suggest other products, services, or promotional offerings that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also use your Personal Information to improve and personalize the Service and any other related service, including future products and services which we may offer to you. If we de-identify your information or receive de-identified personal information from a third party, we commit to maintaining and using such de-identified data without attempting to re-identify the personal data.
5. How We Share Your Personal Information.
We may share Personal Information about you as follows:
· To our trusted third-party service providers, only as necessary to enable such trusted third-party service providers to support and assist in our provision of the Service to you; for example, we use a trusted third-party service provider to process your payments;
· With our Affiliates;
· In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of BSRO stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
· To deliver to you any administrative notices, alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Service;
· To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process;
· Non-personalized, anonymous data may be aggregated with data from other users and other data sources and may be collected and shared with partners or for marketing purposes;
· To respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties;
· In an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Site's users or the general public; or
· As otherwise required by Applicable Law.
6. “Do Not Track (DNT)” Browser Signals.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and third parties. Currently, neither the Site nor the Service recognizes or takes any automated action in response to browser “do not track” signals.
7. Social Media Platforms and Websites.
Additionally, in the event that any one part of the Site or Service offers a message board or any other interactive or feature or platform of a social or public nature on a website administered directly by us, please be aware that these areas may allow you to publicly post, and share with other users, certain messages, content, or other information (e.g., stories, pictures, ingredients, tips, etc.). Although we may take certain precautions to protect those who use these areas of our Site or Service, we encourage you to be wary of giving out any Personal Information in such public forums. The information you post can be collected and used by people you do not know. We cannot guarantee the privacy and safety of these areas and are therefore not responsible for any information you choose to post. Your use of these features is fully at your own risk.
8. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
We appreciate your questions and comments about our Site or Service and welcome your email messages to mailboxes listed on our Site. We will share your messages with those within our organization that are most capable of addressing the issues contained in your message. We will keep a copy of your message until we have had an opportunity to address your concerns. We may archive your message for a certain period or discard it.
10. Confidentiality and Security.
We restrict access to Personal Information collected about you through the Service to our employees, our Affiliates' employees, our authorized and trusted third party service providers, or others who need to know that information in order to provide the Service to you or to conduct our normal business operations. While no website can guarantee security, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information collected via the Site or Service. We protect our databases with various physical, technical and procedural measures and we restrict access to your information by unauthorized persons. We also advise all BSRO employees about their responsibility to protect customer data and we provide them with appropriate guidelines for adhering to BSRO’s business ethics standards and confidentiality policies. While we implement these and other security measures on the Service, please note that 100% security is not always possible. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
11. Links to Other Sites.
For your convenience we may provide links to other websites and web pages that we do not control. We cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of any websites or pages not under our control and we do not endorse any of these websites or pages, the services or products described or offered on such sites or pages, or any of the content contained on those sites or pages.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH HOW SUCH THIRD PARTIES COLLECT, STORE, USE OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
12. Promotional Emails
From time to time, we may send you e-mails with promotional offers relating to your use of the Site or Service. If you would no longer like to receive these emails, please click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email and follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request, as some promotions may already be in process. We may also use your Personal Information to notify you in connection with any contests or promotions that you choose to participate in through the Site or Service.
13. Changes to Your Personal Information
If you wish to update Personal Information that you have provided to us or correct any inaccurate Personal Information you have provided to us, you may update or correct such information via your account. Alternatively, you can contact us via the contact us portal to request any corrections to your Personal Information. You are solely responsible for updating and ensuring the accuracy of your Personal Information, and providing us with notice of inaccurate information, if applicable.
14. Accessing the Site from California or Outside the United States
The Service is only directed at and available in certain areas of the United States. Therefore, if you are accessing or otherwise making use of the Service from outside the United States or are a California resident physically located in California, please be aware that the Site is not directed at you. If you choose to proceed with providing Personal Information from outside the United States, please be aware your information may be transferred to, stored or processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to protect your privacy. By accessing or otherwise making use of the Service, you acknowledge and agree that we have the express right to transfer your information across jurisdictions and international borders to our facilities and to those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
15. For Virginia Residents
As a Virginia resident, you may exercise certain rights provided to you under the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA). You may exercise the right to: (1) confirm whether or not we are processing your personal data and to access/obtain a copy of such personal data; (2) correct inaccuracies in your personal data collected by us; (3) delete personal data collected by us; and (4) obtain a copy of your personal data in a portable and readily usable format that allows you to transmit the data to another controller. To exerise any of these rights, please submit a request using the following e-mail address or by calling the following number: email@example.com or (888) 928-0287. As a Virginia resident, you may also exercise the right to opt out of the processing of your personal data for purposes of: (i) targeted advertising, (iii) the sale of personal data; or (iii) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects. To exercise any of these rights, please click the following link: My Privacy Rights.
We will not discriminate against you, as a Virginia resident, for exercising any of your VCDPA rights. This means that we will not deny you goods or services, charge different prices or rates for goods or services, or provide a different level of quality of goods and services if you exercise your VCDPA rights.
Last updated December 30, 2022.